Friday, February 21, 2014

Pet of the week, Finn

This week’s pet is Finn.  I think Finn has the sweetest puppy face! Finn and his family live in Salina, Kansas. This caramel colored puppy is  bundle of love . Finn is a Lab/Brittany mix.

How do I know about this puppy?  Facebook!  Revkah and Jara (my daughter) were roommates at Asbury University. College roommates are the best! I don’t know about you, but I adore my college roommate. Revkah and Jara are now married and living a few hundred miles from each other. I am glad the Facebook can foster lifelong connections. 
R and T's daughter. 


It is timely that I mention Asbury University during the Sochi Olympics. Once again Asbury students are leading the way in serving at the Olympics. I am not for sure how many years students from Asbury have been serving and learning at the Olympics.

One Asbury graduate and now an Emmy award winning individual credits her accomplishments from her time at Asbury. Here is what Kristen Gruca shared; “I can literally trace everything back to Kentucky for all of my work. I got contacts from living in Kentucky. “  LEX18 reported on this Kentucky connection to the Olympics.
.
Located in Wilmore, Kentucky, Asbury University mission is, ‘Equipping men and women for a lifetime of learning, leadership, and service to the professions, society, family and Church. “  The university combines Academic Excellence and Spiritual Vitality. For the third straight year, Asbury University has earned a Top-5 spot in the prestigious U. S. News and World Report, “Best Colleges” rankings.

Learn  more about Asbury here.Asbury University

I love this prayer of Bishop Francis Asbury : 
"May the Lord direct me how to act, so as to keep myself always in the love of God!" 


No comments:

Post a Comment