Thursday, January 24, 2013

Women's Cooperatives


Google women’s cooperative and you will discover 15,000,000 hits in .35 seconds. Once you narrow your search, you will continue to discover cooperatives from the entire world. Global mamas is one site that caught my eye. If you visit Global Mamas you see beautifully crafted items. It is exciting to see women who are using their gifts and talents to make a difference in their lives in the their community.

If you are interested in more scholarly articles, the web also provides a list of research articles. Or, maybe you are looking for jewelry, clothes, or bags. You will be pleased to find a plethora of unique sites.You do not have to look any further than our community. Locally, many women work in their homes. What would happened if we joined together to for fellowship and to learn new skills? 

What sparked my interest in cooperatives? The women in my class are the source of my inspiration. In the course of class conversations, I learned of their many talents. Several years ago, I met with the director of KRM and the testing director of OR to begin the exploration.  Then, I dropped the ball.

This afternoon, I met  friends for lunch. We shared a meal and a conversation about about  cooperatives. We will see if the plans flows.  Discerning God's will....

No comments:

Post a Comment