Sunday, January 13, 2013

Faithful

Last Friday, she had emergency surgery. This morning, we worshiped together at 8:00 services at church.  At 83 years of age, she rarely misses a church service. Each Sunday, we sit together on  the same pew. She is faithful in church attendance.

 Rain, sun, or snow, she drives to church. She is a kind and reassuring presence. She has a warm and wonderful singing voice. She calls me her sweet baby. I wish you could hear her say, "Ah, here is my sweet baby."

Later this week, she will undergo tests to determine if she is able to undergo additional surgery.  She recounted how God has been faithful to her. She shared "I am trusting God."

The unspoken message,  I choose not to worry.

God is faithful.

"I am not called to be successful, I am called to be faithful."
Mother Teresa


No comments:

Post a Comment