Monday, February 29, 2016

Monday Musings

 Someone recently wrote that there is a deep longing in our hearts for fairness. Children have an innate desire for fairness. Children are often quick to point out issues that tilt the wheel away from fair play. I don’t think we ever outgrow our deep longing for justice.

No matter the age of the person, we have a hunger for making wrong things right. Who speaks for those on the margins of life? Some candidates want to silence entire communities. I don’t think we like feeling powerless.

 In the absence of justice, we hope that we are able to achieve a portion of peace by electing officials who will represent us. Sadly, this year we find some individuals who don't promote peace.  This is especially true in this election cycle

Political pundits and candidates are twirling and whirling around the country.
I have seen some bizarre behavior this election cycle. I have been appalled by the racist, xenophobic, and hysterical rhetoric this year.  I am fed up.

Last week, I realized I am looking to find solutions in broken political system with broken people. Every candidate will disappoint us. Fortunately there is a limit to what politicians are able to accomplish.

Instead of obsessing over this sad political season, KKK, David Duke, and reckless accusations, I have decided to give my redirect my attention. Where? 

Last Wednesday night, Pastor encouraged members to purchase a book by Tony Evan, Kingdom Agenda.  Focusing on God’s Kingdom Agenda has given my heart peace and ways in which direct my energy.

Check our more of Tony Evans here. www.tonyevans.org



No comments:

Post a Comment