Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Missed Opportunities


As I grow older, I begin to grasp the meanings of events  I did not understand when I was in the moment.  Looking back at dinner conversations, I see missed opportunities. I failed to grasp the moment. I failed to say what was on my heart.

I have regrets. I wish I had said this… I could have helped… I did not speak forcefully enough, I wish I had challenged that assertion, I needed to be more open about my struggles, sacrifices I did not make… and so goes the list.

As I have struggled with issues, God has gently guided me back to His Word. It is here, that God points to examples of people who failed, missed the mark, and sinned. It is here; in God’s word I find hope and forgiveness.

I also have a new resolve. Not to miss opportunities. Again, God's word gives  perfect guidance. 

 “Be very careful, then how you live - not as the unwise but as the wise, making the most of every opportunity for the days are evil.  Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord will is. Do not be drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead be filled with the Spirit.
Ephesians 5: 15-18 (New International Version)

Lord, fill me with your Holy Spirit.






No comments:

Post a Comment