Thursday, December 15, 2011

shopping small vs. mall shopping

Shopping at small independently owned stores is a pleasure for me.  At small stores, I receive caring attention and specialized assistance. I have the opportunity  to give a unique one of a kind gifts.

I have compiled a short list of my favorite small businesses.  Some of the stores have web sites where you can purchase products 24/7. Don't live in the area?  No problem, visit their website! 


  • Crushed Violet ~ Fragrance Boutique  ~ Crushed Violet ~ Lexington, KY  
  • Mulberry and Lime ~ "We make living beautiful"  ~ Mulberryandlime.com ~ Lexington, KY (love)
  • Sweetgrass Baskets~ Sweetgrass ~ Sweetgrass Cultural Arts Pavilion, South Carolina 
  • Pottery ~  Tater Knob ~ TaterKnob ~ Berea, Kentucky
  • Charlotte ~ Creates custom window treatments ( Lexington)
  • Doris ~ Professional Seamstress in Tennessee 
  • Jennifer ~ My cousin ~ She creates amazing handcrafted items... SewKnitChet
  • Wanda ~ My friend ~ One of a kind jewelry
  • My online store... MK
  • Music  ~Roadmaster ( my brother!) Central Indiana



No comments:

Post a Comment