Wednesday, January 22, 2014

What's Cooking?

Breakfast … This morning I wanted to try something different than my usual Starbucks coffee, oatmeal or cold cereal.  I was on a search for a recipe that I had wanted to try over the Christmas holiday. I found it! Iranian Kuku Sabzi

Swirl, chop, beat, pre heat, pour… I love cooking vocabulary.
This is the recipe.

Iranian Kuku or Baked Spinach and Herb Omelet
Ingredients
6 large eggs
2 ounces baby spinach
8 finely slivered scallions white and green parts mixed with 2/3 cups fresh herbs
Basil
Parsley
Tarragon
Chives
Dill (tiny bit)
3 tablespoons of chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons of raisins
1-teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons butter

Pre heat the oven to 325. Beat the eggs with the spinach, scallions, herbs, walnuts, raisins and salt.

Place a 9 or 10-inch skillet on a burner over low heat and add the butter. Once melted, swirl it around the pan, coating the edges too Pour in the egg mixture and bake for 30 – 40 minutes, until the eggs are firm. Let rest for 5 – 10 minutes.

I found this particular recipe on line from this site:Small Kitchen


I loved chopping the herbs ...  basil, chives, tarragon. 








No comments:

Post a Comment