Thursday, January 16, 2014

Teachers

“Teachers open the door. You enter by yourself.”
Chinese Proverb
My teacher is on the right. Her husband is a retired World Music Professor at UK
I love proverbs because they often state a simple truth in a short amount of words. I am fortunate to have a teacher who is a beautiful example of this proverb. Last year she opened the door to Chinese Calligraphy to me. She provided clear and detailed instructions. In addition to the basic instructions, she provided wonderful cultural information. Yesterday, she organized a lunch for our class.  Our hosts also shared information concerning community celebrations for the Chinese New Year celebrate the Year of the Horse.  The Chinese New Year is January 31. 

Yes, it was delicious. I actually was successful in using chop sticks! 

On Tuesday, I registered for a new class that will begin in the spring. Until class begins, I will practice. Anything worth learning requires discipline. 
Yesterday's luncheon group.  We will return for our next class that begins in the spring.










No comments:

Post a Comment