Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A year without television

Refreshments from last week book club
Last year on December 30 I set a huge goal,  a year without television.  Since setting that goal, I have created a short list of  things I am discovering. At the top of the list, I am enjoying more silence. Next on the list, I am connecting more with family and friends. Most importantly, my thoughts are not as cluttered with nonsense.  

What have I added? I am listening to more music. I am drinking more herbal tea. Something else I have added, working on the NY Times Crossword puzzle.

Have I watched any television?  Yes. I have watched the program Elementary, Meet The Press, and a Hallmark Movie.  I don’t want to be legalist about this goal. I also don’t want to be in trapped to a television schedule.

I have also added a goal of to read more books. Want to join me?  Visit this site to discover more    @ this site: GOOD READS

Reading a book by a fireplace. So cozy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment