Sunday, November 11, 2012

St. Andrew By - The - Sea


To me, rituals in church are comforting.  Reciting the Apostles’ Creed is both reassuring and comforting.  I enjoy reciting words that affirm truths.  After the Apostles Creed, we sing, the Gloria Patri. Today I visited a United Methodist Church. Growing up as a Methodist, I am familiar with The Order of Worship. How is it possible to be in a stranger in a different city and church, yet feel at home? It is possible because of the truths that we embrace. 

Apostles’ Creed

I believe in God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth;
And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord;
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead and buried;
the third day he rose from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic church,
the communion of saints
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
            and the life everlasting. Amen. 

Looking at the church bulletin, I look longing at their upcoming Advent Studies... preparing hearts for Christmas.  So glad I did not miss church services.  Away from home, I don't think it is an excuse to miss church.


Later in the day, we enjoyed a Lowcountry Tailgate





No comments:

Post a Comment