Sunday, November 25, 2012

Late for church?


I have a long list of reasons why I have been late for church. Here are a few reasons: lost a child’s shoe, overslept, traffic, issues with clothes and make up, diaper changes, hungry baby, grocery shopping, cranky teenagers, out of town visitors, and looking for Bibles.  Arrival at church on those days, you would often see a family that was frazzled, grumpy and disturbed.

Arriving early for services provides a peaceful way to experience worship services. I am able to quiet my heart and prepare for services. 

This morning, I heard a new reason for being late for church. “I had to see the end of the Hallmark Movie.” Really?  Yes, she was serious. When I am tempted to be late for anything, I ask myself,  “Will the end of the show make a difference in eternity? Is time spent watching or listening to this program worth 30 minutes of my life?  Two things will last for eternity… people and God’s word. 
Last week we were driving in Atlanta, I snapped picture of this church.
Around the world, many people make tremendous sacrifices to attend church.
They travel long distances and overcome obstacles to worship God.
What sacrifices do you experience to attend church services?

No comments:

Post a Comment