Friday, November 2, 2012

Pets of the week


As promised, here is the saga of the  of the runaway cats... Most importantly, Donna arrived home safe from her church's mission trip to Romania.  I look forward to hearing how God used the team last week.  
Here is Donna's story, 
"One beautiful fall Saturday afternoon, I had my patio door open and the screen shut.  I had done this numerous times.  I dozed off on the couch.  When I woke up at 4:00 pm, the screen door was open and I looked in backyard and all three cats were in yard!!!  These are total indoor cats.  Gordon, the brown tabby, darts out occasionally, but comes right back to door.  The other two don’t go out.  I called out to them.  Gordon and Edison (black/white and brown tabby) looked at me like “Uh Oh, we are in trouble”.  Czn Yoda jumped the fence!!!  Czn Yoda was a stray I took in at beginning of the year.  He seemed very content as a house cat.  Gordon and Edison made no move towards the fence so I decided to get them in first because I couldn’t have all three on the loose.  They knew their place. I got Gordon up and started up the stairs and Edison was already going up the stairs and into the house.  By the time I got back outside, Czn Yoda was nowhere to be seen.  I called and called and no sign of him.  I have never lost a pet before so I was quite upset. I had not had him micro chipped yet and he did not have a collar.  No ID, I was so upset.  I emailed my family to tell them and indicated to not call I was too upset to talk.  My parents emailed back that they had said a prayer for Czn Yoda.  I prayed for God to keep him safe and bring him home.  No sign of Czn Yoda until 7:30 pm Sunday evening.  I was turning into my street and there was a storm drain there.  Czn Yoda was standing right there.  I stopped and called to him but he wouldn’t come.  A car came by and he went back into the drain.  At least I knew he was ok.  The next morning, I went to storm drain by my house and called and called.  He just peeked out at me.  I kept praying he would come home and be safe.  Tuesday morning, 6 am, I noticed Edison looking out patio door.  I couldn’t tell if he had reflection or it was a cat.  It was Czn Yoda!!! He had made it home.  I opened door but he wouldn’t come in.  I stepped out and had to let him sniff me and look at cats before he came close enough to pick up.  He came in and meowed a few times announcing he was home.  That night I got all kinds of attention:  he slept in my lap, next to me on the couch, and moved chairs when I did.  I guess he decided there is no place like home!  I was so thankful for the prayers and that he made it home safe!"


No comments:

Post a Comment