Sunday, April 8, 2012

Rock of Ages...


Rock from the Garden of Gethsemane


Rocks…
A petrologist is an individual who studies rocks.  A geologist is one who broadly studies in the entire field. I simply collect rocks.

I began collecting rocks as a young child. For years, I gathered Indiana rocks collected in a brown paper bag. 

Now, if I know a friend is  planning a trip, I gently ask, “Will you bring me back a rock?”  
My rock collectors …
Nancy – Kenya
Marga ~ Aruba
Vanessa ~ Italy, France, and New York   ~ a rock where the Twin Towers stood.
Gail ~ Colorado
Tim ~ Japan
Eric ~ China
Jonathan ~Peru,  Sweden, Finland, and Norway
Jara ~ India, Sierra Leone, Bahamas,  and Nepal
 Ruth Anne ~ Oregon, Florida and  Hawaii
 Carol ~ Arizona and Germany. 
Carol shared a special authenticated piece of the Berlin Wall chipped by Peter Falkenthal after the fall on 9 November 1989. 
Rocks .... gathered by  Julie gathered in Israel.
If rocks could tell stories, what would they tell? 
Reading the Gospels us gives us an  accurate account of what happened in the Garden of Gethsemane.  Reading the Gospels continues to transform my life. 

A rock from Hawaii..




No comments:

Post a Comment