Monday, April 2, 2012

Champions


Wildcat Champion Ring 1958

Tonight is the NCAA's  Basketball Championship Game. The University of Kentucky will play Kansas for the 2012 Championship Title. As I write this post, the game will begin in less than an hour. One team will leave the floor in New Orleans disappointed.  I hope each team plays to the best of their ability. Once they have done their best... what more can they do?

This quote from John Wooden put things in perspective:  “I always tried to make clear that basketball is not the ultimate.  It is of small importance in comparison to the total life we live. There is only one kind of life that truly wins, and that is the one that places faith in the hand of the Savior. Until that  is done, we are on an aimless  course that runs in circle and goes nowhere. “ John Wooden Oct. 14, 1910 - June 4, 2010

We were shopping at the same Kroger Store on Richmond Road.
I always have my camera!  Oh, I wish I could remember his name!
When we talked months ago, he had high hopes for this year's team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment