Sunday, August 1, 2010

Young @ Heart

What is your favorite part of traveling?  Planning the trip? Sight seeing...shopping...relaxing...spas...visiting family...for me...

I love to hear stories.

On the journey to Portland, I met this charming couple. Last weekend, they attended the wedding of their grandchild in Chicago.  Now, they were traveling back to California.  Married for over 60 years, they both were born in California...it was a delight to visit....one interesting tidbit of information...Mrs. Young's great grandmother traveled to California in a covered wagon... Wow! What a family history.   I discovered some sweet nuggets along the way. Take time to listen to the stories that are in your family.

 Early Wednesday morning, I saw Mrs. Young with her Bible open on her tray.  What a sweet way to begin the day.

" I will extol the Lord at all times,
his praise will always be on my lips.
My soul will boast in the Lord
let the afflicted hear and rejoice
Glorify the Lord with me;
let us exalt his name together
Psalm 34 1-3



No comments:

Post a Comment