Monday, August 2, 2010

Cemmemorating 100 years of Glacier National Park

This year marks the 100 anniversary of Glacier National Park. On May 11, 1910, the park was designated as a National Park . I was able to see part of the Glacier Mountains, valleys, and clear waters. As the train was  slowly winding around the mountains, the views were simply majestic

In one of the train cars, one group of Mennonite women were singing, "How Great Thou Art".  In another car, passengers are playing cards and drinking wine. It was an eclectic group of passengers, young, old, white, black, Asian, and Hispanic.  I was trying to take picture after picture and soak up every part of the experience. I was struck by the beauty of God's creation. While vacations are sweet, do I miss the every day beauty in my life?.  Am I distracted by the other things?  Every day look for beauty in God's creation.



No comments:

Post a Comment