Saturday, August 7, 2010

Overcoming Fears

Little by little, I am overcoming a fear that can literally make me sick.  On most days, I never have to face my fears.  Then, all of a sudden, I am in a new place, new surroundings, where I encounter my fear in a new place ...  ugh... 

Everything was fine until we reached a  certain point in  Mt Rainer National Park. Looking outside the car window, I glance straight down. Then, that old ugly fear returns to me. Talking to trusted friends is helping.  I actually suggest, "We have seen enough... it is time to go home."   They laugh... Larry continues to drive.
Over the next several hours, I experience some amazing views. Later in the afternoon, I actually relax on a stone ledge overlooking a portion of the park.
The views ...
Larry and Bobbie
Looking down, ( Yes!) I take a picture here.... there is a stream at the bottom.  Can you see it?
Fear Not, I am with you
Isaiah 41:1 - 13

2 comments:

  1. Wow mom. What a beautiful post and reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the trip someone simply spoke the words, "Fear not". It was not until I returned home, that I researched the quote. The scripture reference is at the bottom of the post. It is good... real good. :)

    ReplyDelete