Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sunday, August 8...Building Faith, Friendship and Community

  Sitting in a familiar pew, I returned to my home church this morning. Surrounding me, I see familiar faces of my church family. I am home.  Last Sunday, I attended two different services with Larry and Bobbie. Main Post Chapel at Fort Lewis in Washington, was the first service I attended. 
Visiting a chapel service at Fort Lewis was eye opening experience...praying for the those who are deployed or will be deployed...praying for those who have been touched by loss... prayers for our leaders...Larry and Bobbie are leaders in a ministry that serves military families.  As a retired colonel in the Air Force, Larry knows first hand the challenges of deployment.  As a wife and mother, Bobbie now serves as a mentor and teacher to young mothers and wives. My  heart is full.
The picture.. the sanctuary at Main Post Chapel... Singing hymns in this chapel ...words cannot describe the beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment