Sunday, August 22, 2010

Wedding Planners

Wedding planning, pre martial counseling, and selecting my bridal dress, it seems  so last  century.  Oh, it was...
As I celebrate my wedding anniversary, my  memories seem vivid.  My wedding planner was tender, thoughtful, and available.  As my minister's wife, Mrs. Brooks was the natural selection to help me with the details of the wedding. Mrs. Brooks displayed  a calm and serene force in the midst of my nerves.

Earlier this month, Mrs. Brooks at the age of 92 ended her journey on earth.  Up until her death, she was a faithful member of the church. In recent years, she attended services in her wheelchair.  Her familiar smile and words of encouragement will be missed.  Her eight children will have wonderful  memories  of faithful wife, loving mother, and grandmother.  Today, she is at home.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about the loss of Mrs. Brooks. I also love my wedding planner- Jara. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, best wishes on your upcoming wedding! Your wedding planner is super...

    ReplyDelete