Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Walk or worry

Are you able to walk 10,000 steps each day?

"Rather that fixating on the steps you take each day, focus on the decreasing the number of minutes you spend sitting down.." Hilary Potkewitz

I admit, I focus on my daily goal of 8,000 steps. This has not always been the case.
Before the STAY-AT-HOME orders, I didn't always keep track of my steps. Since I attended Water Aerobic classes five days a week, I assumed I was getting sufficient exercise.

 Now, the Y is closed, I count my steps. For me, it is a motivator. I like reaching this goal. In addition  to Fitbit counting my steps, I have increased my daily activities by cleaning closets, walking the dog, and various other activities.

Something happens when I walk. I worry less. I feel better. I have become more familiar with my neighbors. I have engage in more conversations.

Now, I need to work on my eating. 😐
One step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment