Thursday, May 7, 2020

Thrifty Thursday

"It's smart to be thrifty."
Bernice Fitz-Gibbon
1894 - 1982

I think it is  ironic that Bernice Fitz Gibbon  a member of the Advertising Hall of Fame coined  this sage advise"It's smart to be thrifty" regarding the benefits of being thrifty. She created this phrase while employed at Macy's in New York City.   She was a genius in marketing and advertising.

As I scroll through my Instagram feed, I see  people who regret some of their online purchases. QVC and Home Shopping Network are just two examples of how some folks are making decisions regarding purchases.

For me, I am finding treasures in my closet. Wow... I can wear this or that... at other times, I see things are new and  need to be given away. I am also discovering craft projects that need to be finished.

In this time of quarantine what are you discovering? Perhaps you have unearthed pictures that need to be mailed, notes that need to be written or items that may be donated.  One of my friends has decided to offer a traveling library.  She takes pictures of her available books and  offers to deliver them. I think she is giving them away. What a clever idea! 😃Two friends are making face masks and giving them away.




No comments:

Post a Comment