Thursday, May 14, 2020

Traveling ... road trips

I want to go on a 
Road Trip,
listen to 
good music
and discover beautiful places
quote journal 



After weeks of Shelter in Place orders, I think many of us are ready for a road trip. I know, I am.
I am ready to  plan a trip, make hotel reservations, pack my bags, gas up the car and go...

Almost a year ago Jeff Guinn wrote an article for the Wall Street Journal, titled, The Invention of the Summer Road Trip.  In this article dated, June 29 -30, 2019, he stated that at least "50 million American families would climb into their vehicles and speed off on road trips. "That was 2019. I wonder what 2020 will look like.

Today, the  landscape of daily life has dramatically changed.

Back in 1920, the world was just beginning to explore and appreciate the wonder of Road Trips. According to Jeff Guinn the author of Wall Street Journal article, noted that on one trip the following individuals were together, Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Harvey Firestone, and the author John Burroughs.

How did they decide on their route?  Edison said,  "We steer by the sun and the compass only."
If Americans plan to take road trips this summer, they will need  more than the sun and a compass. We will need to consider the  health guidelines that may vary from state and state.

Short or long, I want to take a Road Trip in 2020.  What about you?



No comments:

Post a Comment