Thursday, January 18, 2018

Winter Exercise

What is your favorite winter exercise? Do you ski or snowboard? What about ice skating?  Maybe you like walking in the winter. Or perhaps you enjoy  some of the new exercise trends like virtual boxing, floating yoga, hotpot yoga,  boutique rowing,  and water workouts. Yes, water workouts continue to remain popular. I love senior exercise. So many options! 


When the temperatures are in the single digits it would be easy to take a break from exercising.  It is difficult  to brave icy roads to  go to exercise class. After indulging over the holidays with lots of Christmas calories, I made the decision to return to my regular exercise routine. 

It would have been easy to stay in the warm house. Easy is not always a good thing. 

When classes are cancelled I have a built in excuse to stay at home. I decided to skip this excuse. 

Usually this locker room is full of activity and women. It is weird having the locker room this quiet. No conversations, no showers, no running water,  and the hair dryers remain silent. As the temperatures begin to climb, I know this room will soon be filled with conversations and activity.
Until then, I make my way to class every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment