Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Tasty Tuesday

“Chocolate is the first luxury.
It has so many things wrapped up in it:
Deliciousness in the moment, childhood memories, and grin-inducing feeling of getting a reward for being good.”
Mariska Hargitay

I visit Chocolate Holler to treat myself to a little luxury. In the summer, I sipped cold chocolate milk. In the winter, I love to sample the different varieties of hot chocolate.
I have grown to appreciate this cozy place.

Last month it was quite a sight to see crowds of college students preparing for finals. At each table, students had papers, computers, books, pencils, and cups of hot beverages all lined up on smooth wooden tables.  More inviting than a cold campus library, this place was transformed into a cozy and inviting living room.


Whoever is behind the counter, they always ask, “What are you up to today?” They want to know each customer’s name. They are truly building community. Visit their website to learn more about this extraordinary place: Click here : CHOCOLATE HOLLER
Emma is a recent graduate of UK. I appreciate that they are intentional about knowing the names
of their customers. Sometimes they guide the conversations into deep waters.
I really like this place ... most importantly, I like the people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment