Wednesday, January 31, 2018

keep your word

 “Don’t resolve to do something so easy it doesn’t require a resolution, nor something so hard no resolution could make it achievable. Resolutions are for raising the bar, not for laying the bar on the ground and hopping over it or for putting the bar too high for anyone to reach.


Make your resolutions in public. The fear of social pressure, whether it materializes or not, will help you keep your word, because you are pledging not just to yourself but to others."

Source: ... This quote is from an article in January's issue of the Wall Street Journal. The article  is a worthwhile read.  While I don't agree with much in the article, it provides some food for thought. I have misplaced the reporter's name. 😢 I apologize.  

So on this last day of January 2018,  I thought I would look back with others who may have made resolutions at the beginning of the year. While I no longer make resolutions, I select one word to help keep me focused the entire year.  So what is my one word? 

My one word in found in this scripture from 1 Corinthians 15: 58 "Be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the LORD...

My word is always abounding ... okay it is two words... Yet, these words resonates for me. My desire is to always abound in the work of the LORD. 

What about you? 
 Are you possibly thinking about  one word for the remaining part of 2018. I suggest you visit Margaret Feinberg's website. Here is the link: #oneword Once your arrive at the site... you will find so many helpful resources! 


No comments:

Post a Comment