Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Mother's Prayer


One of my mother’s prayers was to see each of her children reach adulthood.   God graciously answered many of her prayers. She was able to see each of us graduate from high school, college, and attend our weddings.

 She was the quiet mother in the audience at our band concerts, basketball games, and Sunday School programs. At the end of a long day of work, she was in the kitchen preparing dinner for the family. She was an extraordinary example of love to her husband and children.

Over the years, I saw her love and trust in God deepen. No matter the challenge or crisis, she trusted God.

Today, I remember her prayers. I am grateful to God. 

When I think of a mother's prayers, I am reminded of another mother, my  great great grandmother. 

My Great - Great Grandmother.
She prayed that each of her sons would return from WWI.
God answered her prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment