Thursday, September 12, 2013

Quiet Time


Some individuals seem to enjoy boasting about their full schedules.  Hurrying from one event to the next, they seldom take a moment to push the pause button and reflect on their lives. Instead, they simply hurry to the next activity.

Sometimes, I am that person. I am the person rushing from one activity to the next. In the next month, I would love to attend three retreats.  Two retreats are scheduled for next weekend. I can hardly believe I am planning to go between these retreats.  Rushing from each retreat to the next seems to defeat the purpose of quiet reflection.

I want my life to have a sweet flow of quiet time, study, meditation, action, service, and reflection.  When I am faithful to have my morning quiet time… my day seems to flow in God’s grace.


“Follow effective action with quiet reflection. From the quiet reflection will come even more effective action.
Peter Drucker

Interested in one of the retreats?  Check out the iBloom  Navigate around the site and discover more about next's week's retreat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment