Monday, September 16, 2013

Monday Musings ~ Celebrations


It is in the celebrations of life, we take time to recognize special events. When there is an invitation to an event, I want to say, “Yes count me in!”

Last Friday, Lexington’s Carnegie Center had a Birthday Bash to mark  21 years of service to the community.  When I saw the invitation with those vivid colors, it screamed… FuN! 
The food was beyond delicious. I was tempted to go for seconds. Nope... I did not go for seconds.
 I was so happy to attend the event with two dear friends.
For 21 years, the Carnegie Center has offered  tutoring, classes, and workshops.  


Carnegie's 21st Birthday Bash at Gratz Park
Delicious BBQ, Music, Holler Poets, and Birthday Cake
Frank X. Walker ~ Poet Laureate of Kentucky read his poetry.
What a nice way to end the evening


No comments:

Post a Comment