Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday Musings, prayer


Standing in the need of prayer
It’s me, it’s me, it’s me, O Lord
Standing in the need of prayer
It’s not my brother or my sister
But it's me O Lord
Standing in the need of prayer….
It’s me, it’s me, it’s me, O Lord

This traditional African American hymn was a childhood favorite. 
Today, I adore John P.Kee's newer version of this hymn.  Listening to this hymn inspires me to pray.  Pray more...

Are you familiar with the ministry of John P. Kee?  If not, I suggest you listen to some of his songs available on Y tube.  This fall he will  receive a special honor.

“On Thursday, October 17 the North Carolina Music Hall of Fame 2013 Induction Ceremony will be held at the historic GEM Theatre in Kannapolis, North Carolina at 7:15.  One of this year’s inductees will be John P. Kee Gospel Recording Artist."

Visit the  site here:  North Carolina Music Hall of Fame


Yes, Andy Griffith is honored in the Hall of Fame.

Pictures from our 2013 Carter Family Reunion Tour
 on August 31, 2013





No comments:

Post a Comment