Tuesday, June 4, 2013

There is no place like home


"There is no place like home”
Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz
I agree.

Yet, I embrace traveling.  For the past two weeks, I have been enjoying road trips. Memorial Day weekend we headed south to see family in Mississippi.  As a part of that trip, we stayed overnight in Alabama to visit my cousin. The next day, we headed to Mississippi to see my husband’s family. Although Mississippi is not my home, I feel at home when I visit. Visiting family provides all the comfort of being home. Sitting in familiar rooms and talking with family offer a place of acceptance and love.

Last weekend, we traveled to Atlanta to attend the wedding of a son’s friend. It was a joy to see this young couple become husband and wife. We were away from home, yet at home. When you are surrounded by kindness and love… it is like home.
I took this picture after Sunday morning's service in MS.
The Pastor message was from Luke 5:11 - 32
The Prodigal Son

The entire parable is worth reading.
This portion of scripture illustrates,
sin, repentance, forgiveness, and reconciliation.
The Father welcomes the son home after repentance.




No comments:

Post a Comment