Saturday, June 29, 2013

A Rocky Adventure

The plan was simple... Wilma coordinates a lunch with friends. We meet at Josie's in Chevy Chase.

Lunch at Josie's in Chevy Chase.

After lunch, we travel to visit Wilma at the First Vineyard. Established in 1799, First Vineyard is the first commercial vineyard in the United States.

The journey to the vineyard is lovely.The roads are windy and smooth. Simple so far...
Our GPS is working....
Here is where it gets rocky... We take one wrong turn... For the next half an hour, I am on one of the most terrifying car rides of my life!

 I was praying... God, please... get me out of this situation. My stomach was turning... I was mad at myself for not trusting myself. I read the sign, but I did not follow it. I don't have the vocabulary to describe the terror I experienced. Narrow roads and rough terrain... this is road for a Jeep. I am not in a Jeep.

After this terrifying adventure, we finally make it to the vineyard. We visit with Wilma. I listen to tips on how to take better pictures.
 The ride home... no cell phone service... my cell phone is dead... low on gas...
I arrive home at 5:00. It was a long day.





No comments:

Post a Comment