Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday Musings


Happy…

Would it be wonderful to put some happy in a package? A shaker might be the perfect container. With a shaker you could sprinkle a little happy where ever you go.  With a shaker you could have happy for yourself, then share with others.

You would be able to use happy for more than a greeting to accompany  birthday wishes.   Why all this musing about happy?

I am thinking about Happy Birthday greetings for my husband.  Today is my husband’s birthday. We started celebrating yesterday. I prepared a special birthday brunch.  Last evening, we celebrated at a local restaurant.  This morning, I tucked birthday cards around the house and in his car.  After breakfast, he opened his gifts. I enjoying finding the perfect gift, hiding cards, and making his birthday special. I hope  Jerry experienced real joy today. 

I know that it is silly to think about putting happy in a package. Real joy transcends a date on a calendar, an event, or special occasion.

I love this quote from the Puritans; “Our first duty as Christians is get ourselves happy in God.”



No comments:

Post a Comment