Saturday, April 6, 2013

Ouch!


I am re reading a book. I have barely scratched the surface of this book before I want to put it down. Ouch! That is what I feel when I read the question at the end of the first chapter.  The question…”What is your most besetting sin?”

I don’t want to think about the question... let alone answer it.

What is the name of the book? It is Peter Haile’s book The Difference God Makes: Living As If God Matters. Haile asks difficult questions.  The book is forcing me to examine my life. As Socrates said, “The unexamined life is not worth living.”
It is also is not easy.  

Who is this Peter Haile?   He was on staff for Inter – Varsity for ten years. Then, he was the assistant headmaster at Stony Brook School in New York. Check out the school here: Stony Brook School
He was born in 1925…. I am not for sure if he is still living in New York or if he is in heaven.

“We must allow the Word of God to confront us, to disturb our security, to undermine our complacency and to overthrow our patterns of thought and behavior.” John Stott

Today, I had breakfast with  Corrie from Inter-Varsity.
I love hearing how God is moving in Lexington. 











No comments:

Post a Comment