Thursday, April 18, 2013

Prayer and exercise


I have added a water fitness class to my exercise schedule.  Currently, I attend classes at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Arriving to my first class, I was anxious. Will I be able to maintain the pace with other students? I hope there is privacy in the locker room. After a challenging beginning, I have developed into an exercise routine that is helping me work toward my goals. I have added new swimsuits. Yeah!  In addition, I am adding prayer to my efforts.

“Prayer and exercise are a perfect fit. We as Christians want to be good stewards of creation, and our bodies are a major part of that. When we exercise or work out for our physical health our spiritually can be woven into any routine." 
Sister Karen Zielinski, O.S.F.

This is where  I exercise on Tuesday and Thursday.
One of my exercise buddies has two grandchildren who live in Boston.
This was a reminder to pray for our governmental leaders and
those who are entrusted to protect our
communities. 



No comments:

Post a Comment