Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A gift for Jesus

If you were able to give a gift to Jesus what would it be?  Earlier this month, our BSF leader posed this question to us at leader's fellowship. Here are two of the answers I remember, joy and thanksgiving. As we read the Bible, we see that the wise men  brought Jesus gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh. What is your answer?

 As Christians, we give our love and gratitude to Him.  We might smile sweetly and say, I give Him  my time, talent, and tithe. Sadly, I find myself more concerned about what I want rather than praying about how the Lord will direct my life.

Over the past several weeks,  I confess have been giving Jesus my pain.  Does that sound odd?  This pain is a hot burning pain in my knee. It grips my leg. It moves me to tears.  This pain is not a sweet little gift wrapped up in a pretty box. Arthritis hurts.

In reality it is hard to wrap my mind around the truth that Jesus takes all .... the sins of the world... pain, disappointment, pride, selfishness, stinky, smelly.... He takes it all. What a joy that God that can handle the pain and suffering of the world. God loves us.

No comments:

Post a Comment