Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Night at the Carnegie Center

Carnegie  Center hosted an International Eating and Reading Night last Thursday. The evening was filled with international food and poetry.

All evening, the audience sat intently listening to poetry.  Poetry was read in Arabic, Bulgarian, French, Hindi, Korean, Polish, and Spanish. I was moved to tears by poem written by  Korean who died at the age of 27. When Professor Paden read a poem in Spanish, I sat still savoring each word.

The evening ended with advice from Dr. Oscar Haber. Dr. Haber is a Holocaust Survivor. He has lived a life that is rich with wisdom. He said, "If the Lord wills, I will celebrate my 103 birthday next March. Please Google Dr. Oscar Haber. He has a story worth reading.   As I was preparing to leave, I asked his permission to take his picture. He graciously agreed.

Dr. Oscar Haber





No comments:

Post a Comment