Sunday, August 5, 2012

Church conversations...


My friend touched me, “Do you see how much weight he has lost?”  I nod, yes.   Sitting a few pews in front of us, he seems almost gaunt.  During the course of the church service, I notice how he would touch his son and daughter. Before communion, his wife began to weep.  He slips his arm around her back.  I return my focus to our pastor. He is reading scriptures.

It is difficult to see the pain of families as they endure struggles. While we do not know the specifics of the situation, we have the opportunity to pray for one another.

“We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing.  2 Thessalonians 1:3 (NIV version)


No comments:

Post a Comment