Saturday, June 12, 2010

Politics and Sight Seeing




Planning my sight seeing schedule is important. I want to make sure I make the most of my time.  Sometimes, being at the right place at the right time you get a little bonus when  you plan your trip.  George Eastman House is a National Historic Landmark, a must see on my list.
When I arrived, I was asked, "Are you here to attend the event with the Senator?"  I said, "No, what is it?"  
Well to make a long story short, I was able to go attend the round table discussion with local mayors and representatives of the tourist industry.  I sat at the back of the room taking pictures without a flash.  U.S. Senator Kirsten E. Gillibrand is in the middle at the front table.
 
The discussion and question  period focused on the economy and tourism, high speed rail travel, the and wine industry in the Finger Lakes Region. Senator Gillibrand was appointed by Gov. Patterson as the replacement for Senator Hillary Clinton.


No comments:

Post a Comment