Friday, June 25, 2010

Advice... patience...push the pause button

Visiting my daughter and son  this week was a joy.   A few highlights... attending church at Sunny Slope Church of Christ...singing hymns .. sharing meals...laughing till I cried...visiting museums.... dancing to old school music...playing cards...painting Jara's toenails twisted pink.... attending a summer party ...visiting Jara's workplace.... exercising @ the Downtown Omaha YMCA...visiting with Kenley at the museum... watching World Cup Games and College World Series games...savoring the time... making every day count...
In the midst of it all, I am still learning how to be a good "mother in law"
...using my attending skills to be a good listener, giving words of affirmation, and asking, "How can I help?"
I don't remember giving any advice, but I do have one piece of advice to the newlyweds...
This little gem is from, the Crimson Window blog..The author suggested...the biggest piece of advice to newlyweds is "Patience"  ... this word should be plastered all over the house.  He also mentioned the "Pause Principle"  The blog ended with this quote," You can really reduce the number of conflicts in your marriage if you're not in the full-time business of starting them." 
Wow, that sounds like good advice for an old married couple like J & J!


 
The newlyweds

No comments:

Post a Comment