Sunday, June 13, 2010

Lighthouse

Charlotte Genesse Lighthouse... I climbed to the top of the tower of this lighthouse.  Over forty steps to the top seems very small, unless you are scared of heights.   As I climb up, I am  careful not to look down.  On left, a handrail is made of rope, this rope moves as you reach to steady yourself.   Outside in the museum, I had met sisters Karen and Kathryn.   The sisters, once strangers are now encouraging me to continue the climb.  ...a small part remains... the steel ladder to the very top... Once there you have a glorious view....I missed that view... Going down the steps was more difficult.   But I made it!  I made two trips to the Lighthouse... I had to go back and get my camera... today, when I am ready to post the pictures... the pictures have sadly disappeared....lost in some digital place... waiting to be retrieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment