Monday, October 24, 2022

Monday Musings... school

 As a little girl preparing to enter first grade, I was so eager! As the youngest of five, my anticipation was off the charts preparing to enter Eden Elementary. I was ready join my older siblings. I entered the school with smiles. 

 I left in tears. I was too young, I had to wait until the following year. What! A whole year! I don't remember much of the waiting. 

Those good old school days seem like a million years ago.  

Each week, I volunteer at two different middle schools. Volunteers must submit to screening and office check ins. I am grateful that our school system takes safety seriously.  While safety is legitimate concern, school districts across the nation are facing with very disturbing testing results. So many students lost academic ground during the Covid pandemic.

I am grateful that some teachers remain excited about teaching and continue to love making a difference in the. lives of their students. 

 Do you still love to learn?  Do you want to help students who may have lost their love for learning. Have you considered volunteering at a school?  Schools need mentors, tutors, and dedicated individuals to make a difference in the lives of our students. 






No comments:

Post a Comment