Thursday, July 16, 2020

Thankful Thursday

William Wordsworth wrote this word:
"Rest and be thankful"

Earlier this evening, I spent a few moments talking with a neighbor. I told her, "I love seeing you drive your red Jeep. She said, "I love driving it!"  We went on to share a list of things we enjoy... children riding their Barbie Bikes, neighbors playing Corn Hole Games, 4th of July Parades, the sounds of athletes practicing in their backyard,  the bouncing of basketballs on concrete,  children laughing, family get-togethers, friends and gift of prayer. 

During this season of  cancellations, I think joy is tucked inside so many experiences. Small joys... sitting on the deck with a cup of tea, reading, listening to music, and the comfort of sharing our lives.

I am thankful for the times we are able to comfort one another when we experience a loss.  

Yesterday, one of our neighbors  provided a home cooked meal.  I was able to rest from spending time in the kitchen.  I am thankful.  This act of kindness made a difference in our day.  



No comments:

Post a Comment