Friday, July 24, 2020

Friendship Friday

Who was your first childhood friend?

My first cousins were my first friends.  Some of my most cherished childhood memories are of playing games with my cousins. I remember playing tag, hide and seek, and red light green light. We had silly contests... whose name was the longest... who had the most first cousins... or simply catching lighting bugs.

Summer days were sweet when they arrived in the country to visit us.   I wonder did they feel like they were stepping back in time... gravel roads, one sidewalk in front of our house, gardens, chickens, and a cow name Sukey...

Of my regular conversations, I always appreciate talking with  my cousin Cindy.

I recently posed this question to her,  "Besides your parents, who was the most influential person in your life?" Without hestiation,  she named our grandmother.  Our grandmother was a beautiful example of love, commitment, and giving in the community.  Cindy remembers how she would often take meals to those in need. Our grandmother's example made a lifelong impact on Cindy.

Cousins are those childhood playmates
who grow up to be Forever Friends. 







No comments:

Post a Comment