Thursday, July 9, 2020

Gardening

I enjoy my tiny garden.

As a city dweller, I have to be selective in what I grow. My space limitations requires that I am intentional about the plants I choose. Years ago, I planted pumpkins. The vines almost took over a large part of our lawn. I will not make that mistake again.


This year I have planted sunflowers, Swiss chard, tomatoes, peppers, basil, peppermint, and cucumbers.  Most all of my plants have done well with plenty of sunshine, water and feeding.
Today, I had my first tiny harvest... cucumbers

David Hobson said this about gardening,
" I grow plants for many reasons: to please my soul, to challenge the elements or to challenge my patience for novelty, or for nostalgia, but mostly for the joy in seeing them grow."

I would add one thing to his list... I have a garden so I will eat the fruit of the plants.

Do you garden? If you plan now, you will have time to have a fall garden.













No comments:

Post a Comment