Wednesday, March 7, 2018

spread the word

Special Olympic Volunteers
were at the table. 
In the lobby of our local Y, I see colorful balloons, wrists bands, markers, and a banner. The display is strategically located so every patron that visits the Y for an exercise class will take notice.

Young volunteers are bringing awareness to their cause.
One of the volunteers inquires of me ...
Volunteer : Do you know what word we are talking about ending?
M: No. Tell me
Volunteer: The word is retarded

 In our short conversation, we talk about hurtful words. While we talked about this word, she also gave me an example of other words that hurt. I hope you are making a mental lists words that can offer restoration, healing, forgiveness and hope.

What word would you like to end? What are words of hope that you can spread? What are some words of eternal value will you share?



No comments:

Post a Comment