Friday, January 13, 2017

Friendship Friday

Friendship Friday
Lucky Friday the 13th

I am lucky to count Gail as one of my dearest friends. We meet in high school. No, we were not  students. I was the assistant at the Youth Services Center. She was one of the ESL teachers for international students.

An invitation to a Quinceanera was the occasion that allowed us to become better acquainted. While we waited for the event to begin, we visited.  Our conversation lasted for over ninety minutes.  Maybe that is the genesis of our friendship.

Since then, we have served as volunteer as tutors with Operation Read, attended volunteer trainings, worked with students on sewing projects, and enjoyed many cups of tea.  Gail has graciously attended my Mary Kay Pink Party, helped with my special projects, and been willing to give cooking advice. She has extended invitations to her Circle Group at her church.

As a result of our friendship, I know my life has been enriched. I am blessed… not lucky.


“Close friends are truly life’s treasures. Sometimes they know us better than we know ourselves. With gentle honesty, they are there to guide and support us, to shares our laughter and our tears. Their presence reminds us that we are never really alone.”
Unknown
As a result of Gail's international travel,
 I have some of my favorite rocks from Israel.
These rocks have special significance as she shared their Biblical location.




No comments:

Post a Comment