Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Practice ... practice... and more practice

A short lesson on crocheting...pottery, and calligraphy.

Crochet
Needlework consisting of interlocking looped stitches formed with a single thread with a hooked needle.

I am learning how to crochet.  I am determined not to let the crochet needle win this battle. Yesterday, I had my first lesson. After only a few minutes, I decided to stop for a moment.  I think I gave up too quickly.

The learning curve is unique to each person.  I am sure of this. I must practice and practice and practice.

Learning new a new skill keeps my mind sharp.

Over the past year, I enrolled in Chinese calligraphy and beginning pottery.
Learning now to crochet is by far the most challenging.

I am determined to keep practicing.  
I think this is me... using the pottery wheel.
I think those are my tennis shoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment