Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Anniversaries

Last month, I celebrated ten years of life in the mid south.  Life in the Bluegrass has been remarkable. If I one word could describe my life in the city… it would be deep. I have experienced deep relationships, deep sorrow, and a deeper relationship with God.  

While life is good here, I continue to connect with friends from Tennessee. We exchange phone calls, emails, and visits. I remain committed to make regular visits to my former hometown.  I have special affection of my life in Tennessee. It is after all, where I lived for nearly twenty years

Other anniversaries….  Some minor and some major …
This evening Brian Williams marks his First 10 years as anchor of the NBC Nightly News. 


Yesterday, December 1 was the 59th anniversary when Rosa Parks who refused to give up her seat on a bus in Montgomery, Alabama.  That event sparked the beginning of the Civil Right movement.  This is an anniversary worth noting. Peaceful, nonviolent, and transformative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment