Thursday, September 18, 2014

Mail

I love stamps, notecards, cards and letters. What is more fun than writing an encouraging letter or note? Finding one in my mailbox!  This morning, I had the perfect pen for writing notes. The pen glided across the paper. I wrote little notes for most of the morning. Fun

Letter writing has almost become a lost art. Florence Isaacs has written a lovely book to help us capture the power of the note. The title of the book is  “Just a Note to Say … The Perfect Words for Every Occasion.

Before I read portions of this book, I remember lessons from my mother. My mother always stressed the importance of sending thank you notes. She was always acknowledging a gift, birthday or anniversary. She would often tuck money in her cards.  I treasure her notes.  

I had to chuckle when I read this quote from Orville Redenbacher.  He was talking about mail he received.

“Every once in a while, someone will mail me a single popcorn that didn’t pop.  I’ll get out a fresh kernel, tape it to a piece of paper and mail it back to them. “

Orville Redenbacher


No comments:

Post a Comment