Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Family

Thirty-five years ago, I fell in love with my husband’s family. I discovered I had  I married into an amazing family.  Bold, opinionated, hard working, intelligent, caring, generous, funny …I fell in love with Mississippi, hot summers, cousins, uncles and amazing aunts.

In May, we traveled to Meridian to see Jerry’s Aunt Sarah. She was walking slower. It was then that she began dealing with serious health challenges. Yet, she insisted on preparing a dinner for us. 

Visiting Saturday evening, I said, “Aunt Sarah, let me fry the fish.” Over the next hour, she gave me a lesson on the fine art of frying fish. I savored the lesson and the dinner that followed.

Jerry and I  did not know that was the last time we would see her. This morning, Aunt Sarah left the pain, suffering, medicine and hospital rooms.   I am comforted by Aunt Sarah faith in God.



No comments:

Post a Comment